The Sounds is a well-read, high-quality, service-oriented publication for and about the people in its communities. The
Sounds is a not-for-profit corporation established by ten neighborhood families as the direct successor to the Sauganash
Echoes established in 1967. The Board of Directors’ ambition was to see this vital community newspaper tradition continue.
The publisher is deeply committed to serving a very special pocket of the city. We remain dedicated to meeting the high
expectations of our loyal readership thanks to exceptional support from the private and business sectors.
Advertising in our local community newspaper offers . . .
* Circulation of 7,200
* 20 editions per year - September through June
* Access to readers looking for must-read information on local school and civic events, sports, scouting, entertainment and
* Bulk distribution at Happy Foods, Tarpey’s, Whole Foods, Northshore Community Bank & Trust-Sauganash
* Color ad opportunities in 12 editions (see publication calendar)
* A positive, neighborhood-friendly focus
* Staying power! An independent study concluded The Sounds remains in people’s homes 2 to 3 times longer than the
average daily or weekly publication
The first Sounds newspaper.